Please don’t ask me what is said in the video, I only understand a little Spanish and only one of his daughters spoke a little English, but we are just giving away Free Jewelry so language isn’t that much of a barrier. We also didn’t have to speak the same language to joke around and play with my families guitars, maybe it will inspire his daughters to become “Major Rock Stars“!
Today was a day that was fun, tiring and emotionally rewarding. Even before I got out of bed this morning my wife, Deborah had the Jewelry table set up. Before I finished my first cup of coffee she had 10 people stop and had given away about 40 pieces of jewelry. By noon the family was working to keep up with the demand for Jewelry… By sunset we estimate around 200 people had stopped by and we had given away over 400 piece of Jewelry. We ended the day with 3, count them 3 pieces of jewelry left!
About 20 people had to wait while we made them jewelry and we made around 10 rings as special requests.
When our Jewelry table is full it has 250-300 pieces of jewelry on it, between Rings, Earrings, Pendants, Bracelets, Ear Cuffs and other assorted items. Today we started out with it around 3/4 full since we gave away about 150 pieces yesterday and we had some spare pieces made up that we put out.
Also today I decided that our tutorials Website https://wirewrap.jewelry and our sales website https://DCDK.Jewelry needed some video shots of what the jewelry was like being worn so when I remembered, I had time, and someone chose one of our original designs I asked the if we could shoot them with the jewelry as a model.
I think tomorrow’s going to be an interesting day since we currently only have a handful of jewelry and since last night was so muggy no one got more than a couple hours sleep. Tonight is down to around 80F the humidity isn’t to high and there is a breeze blowing about 10 miles an hour. With the heat stress off everyone else has long ago went to sleep and even I am having a hard time staying awake to finish writing this post.
Today’s Numbers Estimates
- People who stopped by = 200+/-
- Jewelry given away = 400 +/-
- Man hours sitting in the Desert sun = 16
- Gallons of water drank while sitting in the Desert sun = 4
- Time to make jewelry given away = hours
- Cost of materials to make jewelry given away = unknown
- Cost of fuel used to travel to give away jewelry = $0
- Number of people who offered us gas money = 12
- Total gifts toward gas fund = $113* Today we had 3 different people who got jewelry tell us they were local jewelry makers and gave us gifts exceeding $20 each, so the results are unusual even for having around 200 people stop.