Today Deborah forgot to put our “Free Jewelry” sign out by the road. So we didn’t have many people stop by, or who knows, maybe it was because it was Friday and people had other things to do…
I think it was a good thing though since we only gave out 70-100 pieces of Jewelry and we were working on simpler, quicker to make jewelry it gave us a little bit of a chance to catch up. If tomorrow is as slow as today was we should be pretty much fully stocked up for the rush we usually get after church on Sundays.
I had to take a nap from 10:30 – 4:00 even though it was hotter than it was last night when it was to hot to sleep well, the heat stress caught up to me. I did sleep although I woke up groggy and in a puddle of sweat. I’m a little concerned about Deborah though since she hasn’t been sleeping well either and she doesn’t have the luxury of sleeping when her body tries to shut her down.
The bad part of me sleeping is that she had to take the pictures so I only got 1 picture and no video for the day to put into this blog entry. I understand though it is hard for her to start up conversations with people she doesn’t know and it is even harder to do that while making jewelry as fast as she does.
Today’s Numbers Estimates
- People who stopped by = 35 +/-
- Jewelry given away = 115 +/-
- Man hours sitting in the Desert sun = 9
- Gallons of water drank while sitting in the Desert sun = 3
- Time to make jewelry given away = 10 hours
- Cost of materials to make jewelry given away = unknown
- Cost of fuel used to give away jewelry = $0
- Number of people who offered us gas money = 7
- Total gifts toward gas fund = $31